Charlottesville Wine & Culinary 434-974-7444
COMMUNITY COOKING CLASSES
Terre Sisson of Charlottesville Wine & Culinary and Jim Winecoff of Mona Lisa Pasta have teamed up to bring community cooking classes to the Charlottesville area.
Come..learn..taste..enjoy yourself in a relaxed environment. Upon arrival you will be served a light appetizer to take the edge off your hunger. A light meal of all the savory preparations will be served along with a complimentary beverage.
Jim Winecoff and Terre Sisson present classes geared to the home chef who wants to enjoy cooking more. We focus on fine home cooking techniques and timesaving tips with a gourmet flair.
Call us now at 434-295-2494 to reserve your space.
Classes are held at Mona Lisa Pasta, 921 Preston Avenue.
A light meal of the prepared dishes is served along with a complimentary beverage.
Upcoming Classes | Mona Lisa Pasta
May 25, 2017 Thursday 7pm $68 Participation
Asparagus White Bean Salad / Creamy Lemon Vinaigrette
Duck with Caramelized Orange Sauce
Smashed Potato Coins
Rhubarb Panna Cotta
Duck breast will be seared to crisp the fat then roasted to finish the meat and turn the fat to pudding. Rhubarb panna cotta is a sweet tart treat that demands being made ahead of time.
June 14, 2017 Wednesday 7pm $68 Participation
MICHEL RICHARD TRIBUTE
Spinach Wrapped Snapper
Jolly Green Brussels
Chocolate Mousse Brulee
Michel Richard, most notably of Citronelle & Central in Washington, DC sadly passed away in 2016. We'll honor his great place in American dining with this class featuring his recipes.
July 11, 2017 Tuesday 7pm $68 Participation
Learn to make this fabulous bread. Get creative with toppings. Take home your own loaf!
August 28, 2017 Monday 7pm $68 Participation
Shrimp Bisque a la Emeril
Terre's Panzanella Salad
Our shrimp bisque is thick, rich, and satisfying, you'll definitely enjoy it year-round. Terre's panzanella celebrates the bounty of the season with tomatoes straight from Mr. Sisson's garden. If you've never had granita this is a great one to start your enjoyment of this frozen concotion.
• Classes will be held at Mona Lisa Pasta 921 Preston Avenue Charlottesville, VA
• Class duration will be 2 to 3 hours.
• Classes are light participation format unless otherwise noted.
• Class reservations are accepted with full payment.
• Credit card information is required for phone reservations.
• Payment by check or cash can be made at Mona Lisa Pasta or via mail.
• We reserve the right to cancel any class due to insufficient enrollment. We will notify you, then
refund the fee or apply it to another class as you so choose.
• Class cancellations must be made at least two days prior to the scheduled date to receive a
refund of the class fee.
• The focus of the classes will be home cooking with gourmet flair.
• Topics will be geared to easily obtainable ingredients, techniques and tips for the home
kitchen, and professional presentation.
• Preparations will be of a complexity that will be welcoming to cooks of all knowledge levels.
• The community can look forward to special classes that feature guest chefs and food and wine
• NEW- Dinner Parties in your home